Our objective is to make equipment that caters optimally for our users’ needs while lasting as long as possible. As with any product, its lifetime depends on how it is used and treated. This guideline presents recommendations on how to care for your Eleiko products to ensure safe training, high longevity and proper function.
The ELEIKO product warranty is contingent on following the ELEIKO Product Care Guideline. Warranty may be voided for any product damaged due to negligence or faulty use, alteration or improper maintenance, storage, repair, installation or handling by the user. Please note that normal wear and tear is not covered by the product warranty. Warranty claims on products will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and we take our commitment to quality seriously.
Any weightlifting bar can be bent or damaged by severe abuse or improper use. Improper use includes but is not limited to barbells being dropped while unloaded; dropped on a hard, non-absorbing surfaces or items e.g. asphalt, benches, racks etc. and; stored or left loaded on a rack for an extended period of time.
- Bars shall only be dropped when loaded with discs i.e. do not drop an unloaded bar onto the ground.
- Bars shall only be dropped on platforms or surfaces designed for its intended use e.g. the ELEIKO IWF Weightlifting Platform or the ELEIKO IPF Powerlifting Platform. For any weightlifting activity we recommend a minimum of 30 mm / 1 inch rubber flooring.
- Never drop bars on hard surfaces such as concrete or asphalt.
- Bars shall be loaded with discs designed for its intended use e.g. weightlifting discs when dropping from high.
- Weightlifting discs are designed to absorb the force of the impact, hence protecting the bar from damage.
- Bars shall not be stored with weights loaded, especially in a rack or similar device as this could eventually cause the bar to bend.
- Prior to use, ensure there are no sharp edges around the lifting area which can come into contact with the bar as this can damage the bar.
- Always use collars on each end of the bar to prevent any movement of the discs during the lift.
- Don’t allow bars to get wet.
- Never use the bar if it shows signs of damage or if the sleeves do not rotate properly as this may cause injury.
- Regularly clean the knurling on your ELEIKO bar with the plastic brush provided with your bar in order to remove magnesia, dust, and dirt. A steel brush may be used only on the ELEIKO IPF Powerlifting Competition Bars which do not have a chromed surface.
- Bars shall be used and stored in an indoor climate that is dry, clean and holds room temperate (ca. 18-27 degrees Celsius).
ELEIKO Weightlifting and Powerlifting Discs:
- Discs shall only be dropped on platforms or surfaces designed for its intended use e.g. the ELEIKO IWF Weightlifting Platform or the ELEIKO IPF Powerlifting Platform. For any weightlifting activity we recommend a minimum of 30 mm rubber flooring.
- Discs shall not be dropped on a hard surface such as concrete or asphalt.
- Don’t allow discs to get wet.
- Don’t drop ELEIKO XF Bumpers 5 kg and 10 kg discs from high as these are less durable than thicker discs (15-25kg).
- Regularly inspect discs and immediately tighten any screws that may come loose with the appropriate tooling.
- Consult with ELEIKO customer support if there are any uncertainties on how to mount them properly. Never use a disc that has loose screws.Always use collars on each end of the bar to prevent any movement of the discs during the lift.
- Discs shall be used and stored in an indoor climate that is dry, clean and holds room temperate (ca. 18-27 degrees Celsius).
ELEIKO Benches and Racks:
- The equipment must be installed and used in a place which access and supervision are specifically controlled by the owner.
- The equipment shall be installed on a stable base and be properly leveled.
- Make sure that all equipment that is designed to be secured to the floor or a wall for safety reasons has been installed properly. We recommend using a licensed contractor or an ELEIKO service technician.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser of ELEIKO products to instruct all users and supervising personnel on proper usage of the equipment.
- Any warning labels and/or instructions must be read before using the equipment. Use each equipment as it is intended for.
- A user shall have a medical examination and proper instructions before the use of any ELEIKO equipment.
- Do not let anyone use equipment that appears to be damaged.
- Do not try to repair any equipment before consulting with an ELEIKO service technician.
- Do not replace the components of ELEIKO equipment with other manufacturers’ components (e.g. magnetic safety pin, frames, bars etc.). Do not improvise. If in doubt, please consult an ELEIKO representative prior to any intervention.
- Do not overload the equipment.
- Do not try to exceed your personal strength levels.
- Minors must be supervised.
- Do not remove any safety labels from the equipment. ELEIKO is not responsible if a label is removed. Replace damaged labels immediately.
- Regularly clean the surfaces on frames and tubes in order to remove dust and dirt.
- Regularly check that all bolts between parts, walls and floors are properly tightened. If in doubt, consult with an ELEIKO representative prior to any use of the product.
- Regularly check that the structural frames and welds are free from cracks, irregularities or any other abnormalities. If in doubt, consult with an ELEIKO representative prior to any use of the product.
- Products shall be used and stored in an indoor climate that is dry, clean and holds room temperate (ca. 18-27 degrees Celsius).
- Make sure the platform is installed on a levelled solid sub surface.
- The platforms do not warrant to protect any subfloor; extra reinforcements may be needed from time to time to even out the impact force. Standard recommendation to protect an arena floor and to lay under platform is: 10mm rubber + 2x20mm plywood. This must be evaluated and tested on site before every event.
- Clean it on a regular basis with a mild detergent, and vacuum clean the rubber math’s.
- Platforms shall be used and stored in an indoor climate that is dry, clean and holds room temperate (ca. 18-27 degrees Celsius).
- If any recommendation is unclear, please consult with an ELEIKO representative or visit our website www.eleiko.com for further information.
Please note that these are general guidelines and do not cover every aspect of using, storing and maintaining your equipment. We advise all users to apply common sense and always put safety first.